Our Mission & Vision
The mission of Needmore Bible Church is to love God, to love others, and to magnify the name of Jesus Christ. The vision of our church is to glorify our God and Savior, Jesus Christ, to make true disciples throughout all the nations by means of missionary activity and support, to minister the ordinances, to edify believers, and to do all that is sovereignly possible and biblically permissible to magnify the name of Jesus.
Our leadership team recognizes the authority of God, and realizes that we are shepherds who serve under the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ. We desire to devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the Word. Our passion and goal is to equip the believers for the work of the ministry until we all attain maturity in the fullness of Christ.
Pastor Doug Poffenberger, Senior Pastor
As the primary teaching pastor, Pastor Doug has a passion for carefully unpacking the truths of Scripture. He has served at Needmore Bible Church since for over thirty years. He and his wife have three children and nine grandchildren. Doug has ministered in Haiti, Brazil and throughout the United States. He is passionate about missionary work and reaching the lost for Jesus Christ.
Pastor Aaron Meredith, Youth & Outreach Pastor
Pastor Aaron has many responsibilities but his main responsibility is discipling youth and young adults along with leading the children’s programs. Aaron and his wife Jill have 3 children. Aaron actively participates in after-school programs that grow youth as they walk with the Lord.
What We Believe
Needmore Bible Church stands within the tradition of historical, evangelical Christianity and has adopted the following articles of faith. They are intended to summarize the basic doctrinal distinctives of Needmore Bible Church, but not to present a comprehensive statement of all Biblical doctrines.
1. We believe that the Bible, as found in its original manuscripts and languages, composed of the thirty-nine (39) canonized books of the Old Testament and the twenty-seven (27) canonized books of the New Testament, constitutes the divinely inspired Word of God. The Bible is the only infallible, inerrant and final source of authority pertaining to all matters of faith and Christian living.
2. We believe that there is only one true God as revealed in the Bible, co-existing eternally as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who all exclusively share in the creation and maintenance of the universe, redemption, and judgment.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and died on the cross as a substitute for sinners of all ages. After His death on the cross, Jesus was buried and resurrected bodily from the grave. Jesus was taken up into heaven in the same body of His resurrection. He will personally and bodily return in visible manner to the earth.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit came forth from the Father and the Son to reprove the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. The Holy Spirit regenerates those who are saved by imparting to them the resurrection life of Jesus. The Holy Spirit indwells and empowers those who are saved so that they may live godly lives, and actively demonstrate the love of Jesus to any who are in need. The Holy Spirit gives gifts to the saved with which to serve the church and reach out to a lost and needy world.
5. We believe that God created the universe in six 24-hour days. Mankind was created in the image of God, but because of Adam’s sin that image has been damaged in all human beings. Since the original sin of Adam, the Fall, all people are born in sin with a sinful nature and are therefore unable to save themselves or remedy their lost condition. All people must be saved (regenerated) before they can function in moral responsibility before God and fulfill the original purpose of creation.
6. We believe that the Bible reveals the plan for God’s gift of salvation given to all who receive by faith the risen Jesus as Lord and Christ, whose atoning blood was shed on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.
7. We believe that the Bible reveals that there are ultimately only two distinct classes of people—the saved and the lost. The saved are those who have received God’s only offer of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. The lost are those who do not abide in the faith that Jesus Christ is God’s only provision of eternal salvation. Both the saved and the lost will participate in a resurrection and experience eternal existence. The saved will enjoy eternal bliss in heaven with God and His saints. The lost will suffer eternal punishment alone in hell, which is prepared for the devil and fallen angels.
8. We believe that water baptism of believers by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are the only two ordinances established by the Lord Jesus Christ for the church. Through the symbol of baptism, the believer spiritually identifies with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Through the symbol of the Lord’s Supper, believers memorialize His death until He comes again in glory.
9. We believe that Christians are to be separated from the world by consistent Christ-like conduct before God and man. Through the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, Christians are made holy and become life-giving lights in the world.